Schdule of Sunday Service - 29 November 2020
First Sunday of Advent
All the Masses are held in the IHMC Church, KALENA AGRAHARA
5.00 PM: Mass in English (Saturday 28 November 2020)
7.00 AM: English Mass (Available also online on this link)
8.30 AM: Kannada Mass
10.30 AM: English Mass
1. The mass at 7.00am will be streamed live from our Church by Jude Britto. Hence if there are any intentions to be displayed send them to Jude:98806 55831
2. The Advent Calendar is sent to make every day of Advent to renew spiritually, to restore ruptured relationships and to help the needy.
3. Those of you who do not have voter ID may pick up the forms from the office and fill up and return the duly filled form with SSLC certificate and two passport size photos.
4. The daily English mass in Mt St Joseph chapel at 6.30am will resume from 1-12-2020. You are welcome. However for the benefit of the elderly and children the online masses will continue till the end of December.
5. There are many who are struggling without work and jobs. Hence for the coming Christmas, we shall HELP THE POOR through Christmas hamper. The deserving ones will be identified and helped.
6. Those who wish to receive communion on Sundays kindly contact Fr Prakash: 70909 63656.
7. I request you to prepare Advent wreath in your homes and have a special liturgy with your family members. Literature on the same will be shared with you.
God bless your family members with good health and Have a meaningful Advent Season
God bless you
Fr Arun Kumar, SJ
Our parish community has a youth association in order to help themselves in making their faith life vibrant and active. The youth come from different cultures, languages, regions of India. They actively participate in liturgical and other activities of the parish.
ABOUT OUR CHURCH
In 1959 Mount St Joseph, the new novitiate of the Karnataka Jesuits was inaugurated in KalenaAgrahra, on Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore. Living next door to MSJ was a village of 300 souls, of whom only 60 were Catholics. They were said to be the descendants of a single progenitor who settle down here form Chikkakammanahalli. They used to go to chikkakammanahalli for mass through ragi fields and it was very difficult in rainy season.
In the face of Corona virus threat the parish community is advised to take precautionary measures. We have communicated already through our social media. In view of the current prevailing situation we are trying our level best to provide you liturgical services through streaming. Keep yourself abreast with messages on this platform.